Tuesday, September 21, 2010

View from the fitting room

This week isn't going to be pretty, so on my lunch break today I ran over to the local T.J. Maxx to find a little pick me up. Retail therapy may not be the best habit/addiction, but it sure is reliable. Just my luck, I found a couple of great deals. I guess you can call me a Maxxinista (though I'm still not sure about that tag line).

I finally found some polka dots! This top cost me less than $20 and is 100% silk.
In a pencil skirt, naturally. :)

Please ignore my goofy expression. I left without this top but might sneak back to get it. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it's actually a pretty mauve color covered with tiny gold studs. Thumbs up? Thumbs down?
The perfect $20 clutch. The dark red is ideal for both fall and winter, and the gold studs have just enough edge to break up my otherwise feminine wardrobe.
And polka dot lining? Sold!
Stopped by Nordstrom Rack after work and thought I found the PERFECT leopard pumps. Steve Madden, on sale for $49, but OH so painful. Alas....the hunt continues. 
Other recent trips to the fitting room...
I've long despised accordion pleats, but something about this Bebe dress makes me willing to embrace them. Sadly, I can't justify adding it to my wardrobe as we approach October, but boy is it cute!
This lovely Anthropologie dress has so much going for it. It is extremely flattering, and the deeper color palate make the florals perfectly suited for fall. I'll be waiting to find it on sale, or on Ebay.
Do you take pictures in the fitting room? As Cher said in Clueless, "I don't rely on mirrors, so I always take polaroids." Pictures often give me a truer sense of whether or not something flatters me Plus, even though I love solo shopping excursions, I always value a second opinion. Many of my friends are used to getting bombarded by picture texts as soon as I step foot in the mall. :)

3 comments:

  1. You're right!, a picture says a thousand words...the best way to see what something really looks like is to take a pic (even in a change room!) Cute dresses....sorry the leopard pumps were too high/painful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I always have that Cher quote in mind when I am trying something on...haha! Yay...I am not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think of that quote too! How funny. Great finds! I love that clutch, so cute. Have a good Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete