Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Finishing Touches

I wish I had the luxury of spending my days a little more like Kelly Brook here.
See more of Kelly here.
But, since my life consists of very few high heeled bike rides (and even fewer Victoria's Secret caliber hair days) I find that surrounding myself with pretty aesthetic touches, even when they're hidden under a desk, can help take the monotony out of the 8-5 routine.
I love the contrast between these playful Forever 21 bangles and a masculine Michael Kors watch.
The cut out details on these Betsey Wedges always put a smile on my face.
A silk scarf gives pop to my otherwise neutral handbag.
Last year I feared polka dot tights were a bit too chicken pox chic for my tastes. But this year when the weather starts cooling down I'm going to incorporate this cute look from Ann Taylor into a few of my work ensembles. Check out the full look here.
 
Further evidence that I must introduce polka dot tights into my rotation stat! (along with those metallic peep toes, quilted bag, and...you get the picture)
What are your tricks for avoiding feeling drab during the work week?

No comments:

Post a Comment