Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Green with Gown Envy

Very shortly I'll be writing another post about Monique Lhuillier's Spring 2011 line, but for the time being I'd like to focus on just one of her many incredible gowns. Although the famed wedding dress designer named The Garden of Eden as the inspiration for her latest line, one of her gowns actually reminds me of one of my all-time favorite cinematic costumes. Keira Knightly's emerald dress in Atonement is almost as famous as the film itself, and I'd argue that no one has ever looked more ravishing in the color green than Ms. Knightly did. Although the lines and cuts of the dresses are quite different, their hue and impact both grab me in a similar way. Plus, it's just so rare that we see a truly beautiful green dress.

Keira Knightly, stunning as Cecilia Tallis in Atonement, wears a gown as symbolic to the storyline as it is gorgeous to look at.
A model at Monique Lhuillier's 2011 Spring show struts down the runway in an exquisitely rouched emerald gown. Is it just me or do her eyes even resemble Keira's?
Green is such a show stopper, wouldn't you agree? I'd love to see more celebs don it on the red carpet. For more information about the dress from Atonement, I recommend reading this comprehensive entry on Sunday Couture's page.

1 comment: