Monday, September 27, 2010

The Style File

As I mentioned in my last post, this past week has been nothing short of chaotic. Even my computer charger decided to quit on me! So until the new charger gets here I'll be using a loaner laptop, aka a blank slate. You see, every time I find a look that I like online I save it to my style file. Given the excessive amount of time I spend admiring fashion, my archives have grown to be pretty massive! With no style file at my disposal this week I've searched for a few looks, both new and old, to share with you.
An older J. Crew look that I'd love to emulate. I have the red skirt. Just need the cognac mary janes, bronze belt and pink blouse! Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Wouldn't you love to be this Anthropologie model? It's no surprise that I love something that incorporates both stripes and a bow. What is surprising is how well stripes, a typical warm weather staple, are transitioning into cold weather looks this year. Just pair the nautical look with heavier fabrics, and go! 
I can't thank Betty Draper, I mean Mad Men designer Janie Bryant, enough for bringing back the shirtdress. Anthropologie's Reed shirtdress is so figure flattering and I love the soft shades of the plaid. I missed the mark on this one since it's long since sold out, but I'm still keeping an eye out for a similarly appealing shirtdress. Pass the martini please!
I adore the ladylike direction of Louis Vuitton's Fall 2010 line. L.V.'s take on the ever so popular Mad Men look stands apart with the use of rich fabrics, like wool and leather, and a more subdued color palette.  An L.V. bag I can do without, but these looks I simply cannot!

Zooey Deschanel is about as darling as they come. Here she is posing for the late Domino magazine (RIP). Her crocheted sheath, bold cranberry tights, matching belt, and unexpected flats are so fresh, and so Zooey. And honestly, nobody should look as cute as she does with those bangs past the age of 5. How does she do it?
My main style paramour, Diane Kruger. Last spring, the actress was already mixing her prints (dots and plaid) and sporting over-the knee boots. Always a step ahead, fashion-forward Kruger still manages to make it all seem so effortless. 
P.S. I also have shoe boxes upon shoe boxes filled with style clippings. These style archives are far more tedious to go through, and take up a lot more space, but I can't part with them or the ridiculous stacks of magazines I've amassed just since living in my most current apartment. I think it's time for an intervention people, I really do.

5 comments:

  1. Dominique! Love love love your blog! And I love love love those OTK boots! Wonder if you can find out who makes them or similar looks? Keep up the great work!!!

    Natasha XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha! Thanks for the sweet comment :) I'm going to go on a hunt for the real deal...but these reminded me a bit of Diane's boots and are a real steal! http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=18c3451&Ntt=over+the+knee+boot&hdnOnGo=true&Ne=840+4+877+878+5+961+6+29+3+598+11+15+12+506+10+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+903+969+949+833&submit%20search.y=0&SearchString=over+the+knee+boot&submit%20search.x=0&N=4294959029&Nao=0&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update! The entire ensemble was Tommy Hilfiger 2008. http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u284/Fashion_Critic_/2008/September%202008/c2rdianekrugerTommyHilfigerFall2008.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I just love those boots...I must have them!

    ReplyDelete