Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Diagnosis Dress Obsessed

Have you ever been mesmerized by a dress? We're not talking just an, "Oh, that's cute," reaction. We're talking so awestruck that you remember this particular dress (in vivid detail) for years to come. I find myself suffering from this affliction several times over. Case in point? The gorgeous blue and white cobblestone print pencil dress Eva Mendes wears at the end of Hitch. I've wanted this dress for almost 5 years now. Sadly it's vintage (Alex Colman of California) and impossible to find.

Not a full length shot unfortunately but this gives you a little glimpse at its perfection.
 Speaking of Eva Mendes, who incidentally is one of my long time style idols, I am also deeply infatuated with this dress. The full skirt, low dipping back and deep forest color are a few of my favorite things. Why are green dresses so impossible to find?! I need answers!

Do you not want to steal that perfect floral clutch away from right this second?
Another dress I've been fixated upon is the gorgeous dress Zooey Deschanel wears during the rooftop scene of 500 Days of Summer. I would give way half the contents of my closet to get my paws on this dress, but alas, it too is vintage and impossible to acquire. I'd give away the other half for JGL, but that my friends is another story. ;)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch this movie twice last night.
Going back a bit further, another dress I'd do unmentionable things for is the white belted dress Elizabeth Taylor wears in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. She was absolutely perfect in it.

 The last dress I'm hooked on is the yellow dress Kate Moss wore back in 2003. The mussed hair, careless off-the-shoulder strap, and fitted bodice transform a yellow dress into an unforgettable fashion moment.


And there you have it folks, my sick, sad dress compulsion.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Elizabeth Taylor dress...so classic and timeless! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete