Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Birds

No, not the creepy kind that attack you in a Hitchcock film. I'm talking about the gorgeous swallows and sparrows that seem to be turning up everywhere I look, in subtle forms with an almost abstract quality.

The inspiration? No surprise, Taylor Swift got me again, this time in an adorable bird print dress from H&M. As an aside, I love how even with all her millions, Taylor's street clothes tend to come from affordable retailers like ModCloth, Zara, Topshop and H&M, so even paupers like I can attain her style ;)


I also need to learn how to attain her perfect side braid.
 Here are some of my favorite avian influenced finds so far :) 

I found this adorable navy bird print skirt online at the Korean mega store Yes Style. I first spotted the skirt on Bare Style and was super excited when I stumbled across it.

Can you blame me for falling head over heels?
This darling Lulu's dress may not immediately appear to fit the bird theme, but it's whimsical horse print is actually composed of tiny flocks of birds.


How cute is this River Island dress from ASOS? Sequins and beaded embellishments make it extra special.
If silver jewelry is your thing (I wear gold almost exclusively) this trio of earrings (also by River Island) are a steal at about $13!
I found these darling bird posts on Etsy earlier today. I love their brass antiquey look and how tiny they are.They look like they belong in a Disney movie do they not?

So the moral of the story folks is that while in life I may be a cat and bunny person, it turns out I have a soft spot for our winged friends too.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, did you know that YesStyle has a store in Stones??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I heard the selection isn't so great though :( Have you checked it out??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birds!!!

    Kisses from México City!
    http://modacapital.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete