Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting crafty


 After I overcame my awe/envy of Brooklyn Decker's bouncy hair, toned physique, pink dress and tanned skin on the cover of the new issue of Self magazine, my attention honed in on one thing -her gorgeous chain link bracelet. After a quick inspection of the inside cover, I realized to my dismay that the bracelet was Chanel. OF COURSE I'd be drawn to it, but afford it? Not likely. Suddenly a light bulb went off. A while ago I snagged a lovely faux Chanel cross body bag, which I shortened into a shoulder bag.

Thanks Asos!


I decide to use the excess chain to recreate this bracelet. Sorry the image quality is so poor...

After a quick trip to Michael's for a lobster claps ($2.99), and several attempts to make my scissors and tweezers work like pliers (ouch), I have my bracelet!

Doesn't it look great with my new watch (and ever-present cat scratches)? :) 

Although this was a very small project, making something myself felt extremely gratifying. Especially since it saved me from a lifetime of bracelet envy. Now if I could only be equally successful in attaining Brooklyn's bouncy hair, I'd be all set! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! You go girl! You better be showing me this on Saturday night!

    This is almost like we're back on Xanga, but with better posts :)

    ReplyDelete